* Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
* Complies with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety standards
* Follow facility Residents Rights policies.
Provides direct resident care and treatments including, but not limited to:
* Prepares, administers and records medications in accordance with facility policy
* Monitors and records temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, giving enemas or douches, catheterizations, etc. o Sterilizes equipment and supplies as needed
* Collects samples such as blood, urine and sputum, and performs routine laboratory tests on samples
* Prepares residents for medical treatments, examinations and tests, explaining the procedures and their purpose
* Administers prescribed emergency car
* Answer to residents call-lights and determines how to assist them as needed
* Assess residents conditions and vitals to determine and/or modify residents treatment plans
* Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in residents conditions
* Provides input for the development of individualized care plans and implements accordingly
* Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records
* Record residents medical information and vital signs
* Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned residents
* May be required to be on-call periodically or as specifically needed by facility
* Understands and reviews the facilities Healthcare Clinical Policies and Procedures and Safety Guidelines
* Reports any issues or problems that may arise to the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator
* Assists families and other visitors as needed
Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of TN.
Must Possess LPN License
Current and active LPN license
Current BLS certification