for Admission to
Tennessee State Veterans Homes
Eligible applicants are veterans who are entitled to medical treatment and/or other benefits from the USDVA, and who also meet at least one of the below additional requirements:
- Resident of Tennessee at time of admission.
- Born in Tennessee.
- Entered the U.S. Armed Forces in Tennessee.
- Tennessee address is official Home of Record on Veteran's Military Record.
- Has an immediate family member (Parent, Spouse, Sibling, or Child) or Legal Guardian who would serve as primary caregiver, who is a resident of Tennessee.
Spouse, Widow/Widower or Gold Star Parent may also be eligible for admission on a space available basis.
Upon meeting the eligibility requirements, the applicant's name will be placed on our Potential Admissions Wait List. Complete and provide a copy of the veteran's discharge papers (DD214); if the applicant is not the veteran, additional information will be requested.
Current medical information will be needed. Admissions will be happy to collect this data from the medical doctor. We will be requesting:
- History and Physical
- Lab Work (UA CBC, Etc.)
- List of medications
- Chest x-ray or TB Skin Test
- Notes on current treatments
- Physicians orders for placement into our facility
The following paperwork will be required upon admission:
- The Veteran's DD214
- Marriage License ir Certificate if a Veteran's spouse or widow.
- Insurance Cards
- Government Issued Identification
- Living Will (if applicable)
- Power of Attorney (if applicable)